The purpose of the “Bedichek Junior Marines Corps,” is to instill a value of being a part of a larger group (UNSELFISHNESS), consideration of others (TACT), citizenship (INTEGRITY), and service to family and to school (LOYALTY), personal responsibility (JUDGMENT), and a sense of accomplishment (DEPENDABILITY).
BJMC does not seek any particular commitment to the military. BJMC is funded and sponsored through the efforts of fundraising and donations. Each year of the program contains hours of Leadership Training, Physical Training, Drill and Ceremonies, Orienteering, Teamwork, and the application of Daily Personal Discipline.
The program extends over three years and is offered to 6th-8th graders at Bedichek.
MISSION OF BEDICHEK JUNIOR MARINES CORPS
1. Develop informed and responsible citizens.
2. Develop leadership skills.
3. Strengthen character.
4. Promote an understanding of the basic elements and requirements for daily life.
5. Form habits of self-discipline.
6. Develop respect for, and an understanding of, the need for constituted authority in a democratic society.